Principal Software Engineer with ASP.NET MVC Experience
Beverly, Massachusetts - May 14, 2013
Electrotek Concepts, Inc. has an immediate need for senior and principal software engineers
for building engineering database applications that can be queried via web browsers.
These permanent positions are based in the Cummings Center in Beverly, Massachusetts.
Electrotek is a leading power systems engineering consulting firm. We analyze, measure, simulate,
and solve electric power systems problems and provide training on power quality and power system topics.
Our customers include electric power utilities, commercial & industrial energy users, and research companies.
We develop and maintain PQView®, which is the industry's leading enterprise software
for power quality monitoring analysis & reporting and automatic fault location. We also commercialize a suite
of power quality and energy efficiency analysis tools for electric power transmission and distribution systems
known as PQSoft®.
- Requires advanced experience building web applications based on the Microsoft ASP.NET MVC Framework using C# or Visual Basic .NET using Microsoft Visual Studio 2008/2010
- Requires at least 10 years of experience developing Internet Information Service (IIS) web applications
- Requires experience with Microsoft Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) to implement and deploy applications employing service-oriented architecture (SOA)
- Requires experience designing and debugging asynchronous and multithreaded software programs
- Requires experience manipulating structured data stored in XML and JSON data interchange formats
- Requires experience writing SQL queries to run against Microsoft SQL Server databases
- Requires experience using source control applications such as SourceGear Vault or Visual SourceSafe
- Requires ability to work both independently and in a group environment
- Requires a bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, or electrical engineering
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio C++ considered a plus
- Experience in writing services targeted for Microsoft Windows 2005/2008 servers considered a plus
- Experience writing queries against Oracle server or in Oracle database design considered a plus
- Experience in designing high availability (HA) database and web applications considered a plus
- Experience building WiX installation packages considered a plus
- Experience with electric power systems, power quality monitors, or energy meters considered a plus
- Experience with electric power systems automation using IEC 61850, IEC 60780-5/IEEE 1815 DNP3, Modbus, or OPC-DA considered a plus
- Experience with OSIsoft PI System considered a plus
- Experience in direct interaction with customers to help resolve technical issues is considered a plus
Complete Job Description
Home | About Electrotek | Contact Us | Site Map