The highlights we are most excited to share include:
- Brute force protection added (failed log in attempts result in account being locked out)
- Additional logging of successful and failed attempts
- New derived event charts are available in PQWeb for FaultPoint users
- Impedance to fault (XTF, RTF and ZTF) charts previously available in PQView3 are implemented in PQWeb.
- Delta Voltage to first cycle derived event chart is also available
- Event correlation to SCADA events has undergone multiple improvements
- OSI Soft PI correlation performance and robustness is significantly improved
- Interfaces and core mechanisms for supporting 3rd party SCADA historians are enabled – Federated connection AddIn modules are automatically loaded and used if specified as source
- PQWeb API SDK supports user-based preferences loading and using – chart, locale and other settings are identical to PQWeb for logged user.
- Event property characterization
- Added support for Event Property based character options to allow the creator of an event to signal what characterizations should be performed. A primary example is avoiding treating transient events triggered during an RMS event from being mis-characterized as RMS variations.
- Revised instrument list update logic to remove site binding for instruments deleted in remote systems
- Failure to do this prevent other instruments from being bound to the deleted instruments site until the PQDMS was restarted.
- Data Handler Improvements
- SATEC: Added implementation for flagging periodic and externally triggered waveform captures; enabled LL Voltage Data Logs for Wye connections; corrected an issue with waveform buffer wrapping.PQDIF: Revised PQDIF to EventTrend translation logic to store the average sample rate for a time series to ensure that the total duration of the resulting event trend record reflects the PQDIF time series.
Click here to download PQView 4.16.
Full release notes below:
PQView 4 Administrator Release Notes
- PQV-1772: Account lockouts enforced based on Admin settings
- Account lockout settings available on Admin Options page
- Users Index page displays “Account Status” for Forgot Pwd & Trusted or Untrusted Lock Out
- User Details page allows for Lock Out override
PQView 4 Administration Service Release Notes
- PQV-1772: Add table dbo.LoginAttempts to AdminService database to track ALL failed logins, and also successful logins coming from a user device only (i.e. browser, not from services authenticating on behalf of a user). In both cases device info is supplied in the logged data when available. Failed logins enforce lockout rules, while successful logins are useful admin-level audit data.
PQView 4 Data Manager Service Release Notes
- Added explicit check for deletion by a remote system to RetrieveInstance and ReloadSharedInstance to prevent loaded of deleted data. Previously a shared instance marked for deletion could be loaded such that the Object Managers logic to update remote instances would not flag the loaded instance as deleted subsequent to its loading.
- Corrected index update issue with the XML document’s removeChild method.
- Corrected PQViewCore to SysLog level mapping issue that incorrectly disabled PQView Info messages at level 5.
- Improved data source channel name logic to better channel table synchronization.
- Revised IDataManager::ImportObservations to over-lap event processing with retrieval of the “next” observation for better performance.
- SUPPORT-410: Corrected a logic error that resulted in only the first phase of a multi-phase transient was being considered categorization.
- PQV-1612: Revised PQDMLib to support an instance ID for events. This in effect extends the primary key allowing multiple events to be stored for the same site and time stamp.
- ION Handler: Fixed wrong deallocation method used in connection.
- ION Handler: Fixed an issue where the ion handles is used as a in/out parameter where the in max handles was ignored causing a crash if more handles exist than requested, get label does similar logic but is correctly done.
- PQV-1612: Revised the Data Log (Threshold) event processing logic to use the Event instance ID field to avoid collisions.
- PQV-1612: Revised to only store value series for Data Log events.
- Nexus Handler: Added log message for delete file failure and upgraded all the messages to include instrument name and the selected instrument used to help track things quicker.
- PQV-1737: Eliminated the generation of Event Trigger records from the COMTRADE handler. The implementation ported from PQView 3 added records for every channel regardless of whether the channel was triggered essentially not providing any useful information but adding significant overhead in storing the event. This change is in preparation for allow the characterizer to better distinguish RMS variations from Transients.
- PQV-1737: Added support for Event Property based character options to allow the creator of and event to signal what characterizations should be performed. A primary example is avoiding treating transient events triggered during an RMS event from being mis-characterized as RMS variations.
- PQV-1657: Added definitions for additional property sections to allow Instrument handlers to customize the generic Monitor Polling and Communication setup pages.
- SUPPORT-337: Revised PQDIF to EventTrend translation logic to store the average sample rate for a time series to ensure that the total duration of the resulting event trend record reflects the PQDIF time series.
- SATEC Handler: Enabled LL Voltage Data Logs for Wye connections.
- Object Manager’s CPersistStream and its underlying interface have gained ReadSeek functions to skip over bytes in a persisted stream because they were deprecated values that aren’t used anywhere.
- Revised channel info lookup logic to set the quantity type value correctly for known waveform channels.
- PQV-1617: Added support of Instrument Handlers for importing meta data that does not require primary Monitor-to-Site binding. This is targeted at migration of special data sources currently only supported in PQDM (e.g. BC Hydro System Event Database importer).
- PQV-1780: Added implementation for flagging periodic and externally triggered waveform captures to the SATEC handler.
- SUPPORT-216: Revised instrument list update logic to remove site binding for instruments deleted in remote systems. Failure to do this prevent other instruments from being bound to the deleted instruments site until the PQDMS was restarted.
- SUPPORT-216: Eliminated a potential thread lock inversion that can occur when a download failure coincides with instrument reassignment.
- SATEC Handler: Corrected an issue with waveform buffer wrapping.
- SUPPORT-395: Added additional checking for loss of database connection to force recovery.
- Revised the shutdown logic to better differentiate restarting from stopping. This is reflected in log and notification messages.
- Removed references to “AdminMode”.
- PQV-1802: FaultPoint “Network nodes 2nd fault sag threshold” property added.
- Changed default service recovery period registered with the Windows Service Control Manager from 5 minutes to 1. This allows for faster recovery from a fault while still allowing ample time for an operator or external process to cancel the recovery.
- PQV-1800: Added additional thread protection to eliminate a potential collision between the event processing threads the instrument processing threads. Previously, the instrument processing threads would fail to start a transaction during site property updates.
PQView 4 – PQView Core libraries Release Notes
- PQV-1778: FaultPoint Analysis Addin – XTF, RTF and ZTF derived event charts added
- PQV-1476: FaultPoint Analysis Addin – Delta Voltage To 1st cycle Phasor Analysis Chart added
- PQV-1476: PQDAPresentation – Delta Voltage To 1st Cycle Chart added
- PQV-1770: PQViewStructures / PQDACore – Count formats string to integer decoding/encoding issues fixed
- PQV-1770: PQDACore – Percentile datalog aggregation fixed. Initial ordinal number formatting added (for locales different than EN)
- PQV-1770: PQDACore – Min/Avg/Max datalog aggregation issue fixed for the counter format subsets – counter formats are always aggregated as AVG
- PQV-1712, Support-356 : PhaseMatch utility gauge fix – Highcharts.Chart.styledMode set to false
- PQV-1636: FaultPoint notifications – option for removing all Waveform/RMS segments except for the 1st added
- PQV-1476: FaultPoint Characterizer Addin – fine tuning of the 2nd fault notifications
- PQV-1476: Network 2nd fault derived event chart implementation – “Delta Voltage Phasor Analisys” chart
- PQV-1637: FaultPoint Characterizer Addin network 2nd fault notifications fixed – site and phase/phasor info added DeltaV/DeltaI to 1st cycle derived event charts added.
- PQDR – Worst case frequency compliance not shown in the summary chart issue fixed
- SUPPORT-327: FaultPoint Characterizer Addin – I2 second fault notification fix: If waveform contains more than one I2 patterns, phase displayed in the notification subject and text is used from the Max I2 fault event
- PQDACore / Presenataion – Vertical and graph annotations support and display added to EventTrendChart and EventSampleList via EventTrendPivot
- SUPPORT-384: PQViewDataLayer.PQView3Connection – GetEventList.FinishDate Local to UTC conversion issue fixed
- PQV-1792: PQDR.PQDRDMS – Interharmonics removed and THD added to EN50160 report parameters
- PQWEB-997: PQViewDataLayer – Support for instantiating “custom” database connections via IPQViewConnection type specified in the connection string
- PQV-1796: FederatedConnectionPI – bulk event loading instead of sequential (per-point) implemented – Event correlation significantly improved
- SUPPORT-393: FaultPointCharacterizer – SecondFaultUpdateExisting() call disabled – intensive update query optimized for improved performance
- SUPPORT-393: FaultPoingCharacterizer – AddFault() refactored to avoid deadlocks
- SUPPORT-393: FederatedConnectionPI – more robust (non-SQL RPC call) connection status checking added
- SUPPORT-397: EventCharacterizer – Transient characterizer – Voltage LL waveform trend processing disabled if Voltage LN trends are present
- PQWeb-998: PQWebServices Web SDK – user preferences applied to the PQViewConnectionsWeb object constructor for get Datalog/Event/SDK calls
- PQV-1658: PQViewStructures / DataLayer / PQDAPresentation – SourceComponent supports dynamic IFederatedConnection source type loading
- SUPPORT-331: Web SDK GetRMSVariationList returns empty array instead of code 500 when required dataset is empty
- PQV-1802: FaultPointCharacterizer – “Network nodes 2nd fault sag threshold” parameter added
- PQV-1778: PQDAPresentation/PQWeb – EventTrendChart – chart (graph) annotations support added
- PQV-1778: PQDAPresentation/PQWeb – EventTrendChart – display of more than 3 stacked Y axes issue fixed
- PQV-1805: PQDAPresentation – EventTrendChart – symmetrical components are grouped in a single (per V/I quantity) Y axis group
PQView 4 – PQWeb/PQWebServices Release Notes
- PQWEB-986: On RMS Variations MagDur Charts (High Charts) – Open all Waveforms in “Preview” Overlay, Even if Only One Event is “behind” the Dot
- PQV-1772: Account lockouts enforced based on Admin settings
- PQV-903: Help drop down should be removed from Forgot Password page
- SUPPORT-379: If names of pqdms have space in them the setup for PQdms will not show the drop-down, Fixed